"who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began," ~II Timothy 1:9 NKJV



Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Bible Way to Heaven

I cannot start this blog without praising and thanking God for my salvation!

I was utterly lost. Outwardly, my life "looked" good, even successful. But inside, my heart was dark, I couldn't find my way to peace & satisfaction, no matter how I tried. I knew I was missing something. I don't remember ever asking God for help. But he knew my need and sent that help anyway.

He brought a wonderful Christian woman into my life. She invited myself & my young daughter to church. Though I hesitated, I finally consented to go. She picked me up that morning and took me to a small Baptist Church. It was not the church she attended, but one that was close to my home, with a young pastor who was, and still is, on fire for the Lord!

That day, for the very first time, I heard the Salvation message. I knew that I was lost and could not save myself. I understood that I was redeemed, purchased with a price, and that I only needed to accept God's gift to have eternal life in heaven. I did not accept the gift that day. But within a couple of weeks, I asked Jesus to come into my heart, to save me from my sin, and to take me to heaven when I die. As utterly lost as I had been, in the instant I prayed that prayer, I was utterly saved, eternally secure in my Savior's love! Praise God!

If you died today, are you sure you'd go to heaven? Here's the Bible way to Heaven:

1. Recognize your condition.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
No one is good enough to go to Heaven on his own merit. No matter how much good we do, we still fall short.

2. Realize the penalty for sin.

For the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).
Just as there are wages for good, there is punishment for wrong. The penalty for our sin is eternal death.

3. Believe Christ died for you.

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8).
Christ's great love for us was shown when He died on the cross to pay our sin debt.

4. Trust only Christ to be your Savior.

But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23). For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13).
Everlasting life is a gift purchased by the blood of Jesus and offered freely to those who call upon Him by faith.

Let us help you word a prayer. (Realize it's not mere words that save, but your faith in Jesus Christ.)

"Dear Jesus, I know I'm a sinner. Please forgive me for my sins. Jesus, come into my heart and save my soul. I am placing my trust in you, and you alone, to take me to Heaven when I die. Thank you for saving me, Jesus. Amen."


If you prayed that prayer, you are now a child of God. The first thing you should do is tell someone, confess your new faith. I'd love for you to leave a comment so that I can praise God & pray for you.

Next you should find a Bible-believing and Bible-teaching local church, where you can be baptized and begin to grow & serve the Lord.

God Bless you!

Chris

No comments: