"who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began," ~II Timothy 1:9 NKJV



Sunday, April 25, 2010

Where's your focus girl?

God gave me one of those "aha" moments in my quiet time this morning. I am using a daily devotional by Sarah Young, "Jesus Calling". It has been a real blessing. The devotionals are short, but always just what I need to hear.

This morning, it was all about where we place our focus. I loved the author's analogy!

Just as a spinning ballerina must continue to return her gaze to a certain point to maintain her balance, I must keep returning my focus to Jesus during my day to maintain my balance! Gaze too long at my worries or circumstances, and I become dizzy & confused.

Thank you Lord for being the unchanging One!

~Hebrews 12:2

1 comment:

Bee said...

I know I found this way after you wrote it, but it was just what I needed to hear. I think lately, I haven't been returning my gaze to Him and that's why I let circumstances get me down. Thank you. He does lead you to what you need, doesn't He?