"who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began," ~II Timothy 1:9 NKJV



Monday, April 27, 2009

"The King & I"

The “King & I” retreat was wonderful. 57 women, young & old, met for a time of teaching, praising & revival. We laughed, cried, hugged, prayed, sang and learned what it truly means to be a daughter of the King!

Our speaker, CJ Rapp is a beautiful woman, both in countenance & grace. The words she brought to us were convicting, comforting, based in scripture, and for me, life-changing. I could have spent a week listening to what God had laid on her heart for us! I learned that she had been in regular contact with our Women’s Ministry Director and that she had asked about each woman who was attending and had prayed for us! Is it any wonder that God uses her in such a mighty way?

I am still reflecting and praying about what I received from the Lord this weekend. But one thing I wanted to share was so moving, such clear illustration of our worth in the eyes of God.

As CJ was teaching on man’s creation, in God’s likeness from the dust of the earth (Genesis 1:27 and 2:7) she knelt on the floor before us and created one of the most powerful images I have ever seen.

To paraphrase CJ:
“Picture God kneeling to the ground, scooping a handful of dust and lovingly forming a ball that was to become Adam’s head. Then he carefully sculpted eyebrows & eyes, a nose, a mouth then ears. As a parent adores gazing their child, God continues to form Adam’s body, his arms & legs. When He has finished His perfect design, He takes Adam’s face in His Hands and breathes the breath of life into his nostrils. As Adam opens his eyes, the first thing he sees is the face of pure love, his God & Creator!”

This struck me like a lightning bolt! My heart was so filled with joy, awe & thanksgiving!

Thank you Father for using CJ to give me a small glimpse of your boundless love!

And CJ, thank you for allowing God to use your words to touch me so deeply!

Lord, how greatly you filled my heart and increased my understanding of your love for me, this weekend! Thank you for giving me a new sense of self-worth, for loving me just as I am. Help me to believe that I am beautiful in your eyes. I promise to guard my heart so that when negative self-talk or hurt feelings try to shake that belief, I will remember that You knew and loved me before I was formed in my mother’s womb. Thank you for the greatest gift of all, my salvation! How glorious, that one day, I will look into that same face of pure love! In Jesus’ precious name, AMEN!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Chris,

So glad that you (and many others) were blessed at your retreat. I was praying. I left myself a note on my side table in our living room that said "Chris' retreat". I spoke a prayer for you each time I passed it.

God Bless!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Chris!

What an incredible picture to paint of our Father and Adam. It gave me an overwhelming feeling of love. Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

The Lord bless you & keep you!

Hugs, sherry