"who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began," ~II Timothy 1:9 NKJV



Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I am going to see Beth Moore!

I can't tell you how excited I am! Beth Moore will be in Stockton, CA on June 26 & 27, 2009! I have already registered my daughter & I to attend. It will be such a privilege and a blessing to be in the presence of Beth and her team. (I can hardly wait to hear Travis Cottrell perform.)

You see, it was a Beth Moore bible study on The Psalms of Ascent, that helped to soften my heart and lead me back into fellowship with the Lord and into church. After years of neither of us attending any church, my daughter found Bayside Church of Lincoln, CA. There, she began to grow in her Christian walk again. She and the women of the church began to pray for me. Although she asked me to visit church with her many times, I just didn't want to go. When she asked me to attend a women's bible study with her, I couldn't believe I said "Okay"! Of course, God had been working in my heart, and with all those beautiful women praying for me, I had to say yes.

During that study, which was unlike anything I had ever attended, Beth's teaching truly touched me! She brought God's word alive for me again. I remember while watching one of the videos I thought to myself, "Lord, this feels so good to be in your word, to be in fellowship with these women!" I knew that night that I couldn't go my own way any longer.

I am so thankful for my daughter's faithfulness to God & to her mother. I am thankful for Beth Moore's ministry and for what it has brought to my life. I am thankful for those sweet Christian women who prayed for me, and welcomed me and still uplift me today! Many of them will be attending the Beth Moore event with us! Isn't God just so good?

Most of all, I praise God for his righteousness and I am so very thankful that he seeks his lost & wounded sheep and welcomes them home to his fold!

Heavenly Father, thank you for raising up great preachers and teachers who proclaim your living word! I pray for blessings upon these "workers in the word", their churches, ministries and their families. Lord, our country is in sore need of more like these! Men & women who can help to turn us from the wide way and lead us in the narrow path of righteousness, so that you can heal our land. Thank you for Jesus and his sacrifice on the cross! In His name I pray, Amen!

In Christ's Love,
Chris
©

2 comments:

Bee said...

How exciting for y'all. Isn't it wonderful to know that there are those who mean it when they say, "I'll pray for you." And those that pray for you whether they say anything or not.

I'm thankful that I've come to know you a little bit through this blog.

Cheryl said...

That is so exciting. I am thankful also, for women like Beth Moore that is teaching HIS WORD. I am also thankful for you, for you have great post and your words are so understanding. God Bless you and your daughter as you prepare your hearts and mind for this event. Have a good week!!~~